STORM (formerly STORM Flex Systems, Inc.), a Philippine-based human resource technology company and developer of STORM Flexible Benefits and incentives platform STORM KUDOS, launched the Squares corporate communications mobile app, its latest product at a media briefing on October 7, 2016 in Bonifacio Global City, Taguig.
Designed to engage today’s mobile workforce, the Squares app is built to enable employers to communicate quickly, effectively, and directly with their employees via smartphones.
“Squares is designed to be a much better bridge between employer and employee, leading to greater engagement and productivity,” the company statement said.
With Squares, companies may relay important updates, announcements, and memos to all their employees across different worksites in the most efficient way possible. Instead of manually filling up and filing forms, employees may now request documents via Squares.
Employee surveys and other feedback data can also be sent out and answered very quickly via the app. Useful information about company events, policies, HMO coverage, and government benefits will be made accessible on a single device.
A subsidiary of leading Filipino software and IT solutions developer Xurpas, STORM is known for its unique Flexible Benefits platform.
The platform allows employees to convert benefits such as sick leaves, vacation leaves, and food allowances into monetary points called FlexPoints.
Employees can use their points to purchase gadgets, clothes, travel and dining packages, and other benefits in kind from STORM’s exclusive online marketplace.
STORM’s second product, KUDOS, is a total motivation platform that combines external rewards and intrinsic motivation. Managers can award top-performing employees with digital points which they can use to purchase their rewards of choice on the STORM online marketplace.
KUDOS’ wishlist feature enables employees to identify the rewards they want to receive and work harder to achieve them. Employees can also exchange affirmation for good work done, which are displayed on their profile pages for an increased sense of achievement.
Square app is designed to:
- Create a one-to-one relationship with every employee
- Reach employees via smartphones
- Increase company relevance to employees’ lives
- Make employees feel not being left out again
- Modernize employee communication system by creating greater connection especially with millennials, who comprise 70% of today’s workforce
- Make other HR features are available including document requests, surveys, company event calendars
Square app features include:
- Feed – where all announcements are seen and read
- Policy – update your company policies and send them out to employees instantly
- Request – puts all document requests from employees in one place
- HMO – employees will always carry their HMO handbook on their phones
- SSS, PhilHealth, Pag-IBIG – create your own FAQ to answer the most common questions of your employees on these government benefits
- Calendar – your company events will never be missed again
- Survey – get a feel for the employees through an app