Synology Inc., a Taiwanese tech company that specializes in network attached storage appliances, announced on Tuesday, April 18, 2017, the availability of DiskStation DS1517+ and DS1817+ and Expansion Unit DX517 NAS devices in the Philippine market.
“The powerful and scalable 5-bay and 8-bay tower servers offer a high-performance, reliable, and versatile network-attached storage solution for tech enthusiasts and small/medium-sized businesses,” Synology statement said.
The new feature in DS1517+ and DS1817+ is the inclusion of a PCIe slot, which allows users to install an optional 10GbE network interface card or Synology’s new M2D17 M.2 SATA SSD adapter.
The DS1517+ and DS1817+ both come in 2GB and 8GB memory configurations, which can be upgraded to 16GB thanks to the easily accessible memory compartment.
Installing an additional network interface card allows enthusiasts and businesses to take advantage of up to two 10GbE ports to boost maximum throughput.
When combined with the Intel Atom quad-core 2.4GHz processor and equipped with optional dual channel memory, DS1517+ and DS1817+ can deliver sequential throughput performance up to 1,179 MB/s reading and 542 MB/s writing speeds.
With the introduction of Synology’s new M2D17 PCIe adapter card, DS1517+ and DS1817+ can be equipped with dual M.2 SATA SSDs, allowing users to enhance performance and latency using SSD caching without occupying the front drive bays.
“DS1517+ and DS1817+ offer tech enthusiasts and small businesses more storage options that bring outstanding performance and flexibility for intensive storage tasks,” said Jason Fan, Product Manager at Synology Inc.
“DS1517+ and DS1817+ are Synology’s first two NAS supporting M.2 SSD, designed to solve the performance bottleneck for heavy workload applications and significantly reduce the I/O latency,” Fan said.
Both DS1517+ and DS1817+ support connecting up to two DX517 expansion units, allowing users to add up to 10 additional drive bays and scale up storage capacity on-the-fly.
The RAID volume can be expanded without having to reformat the existing hard drives, ensuring seamless capacity expansion without downtime.
DS1517+ and DS1817+ are powered by DiskStation Manager (DSM) 6.1, the versatile and intuitive operating system for Synology NAS devices.
Featuring a wide range of applications for backup, network management, and productivity, DS1517+ and DS1817+ can serve an integral role in office IT infrastructure.
Synology has received numerous media accolades, such as topping the mid-range NAS category in TechTarget’s storage solution survey.
DS1517+ and DS1817+ both carry 3-year limited warranties. An additional extended warranty option is available in selected regions for up to five years of coverage.
More information about Synology NAS devices can be accessed at the following links:
- DS1517+: https://www.synology.
- DS1817+: https://www.synology.
- DX517: https://www.synology.
- M2D17: https://www.synology.
- Information on extended warranty: https://www.synology.com/
DS1517+, DS1817+, DX517, and M2D17 are available in the Philippines through Synology’s local channels:
- Email: email@example.com
- Tel: +63-2-881-7582
- Address: 384B E. Rodriguez Sr. Avenue, Cubao, Quezon City, Philippines
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tel: +63-32-2555282
- Address: Unit 14 St. Patrick’s Square Don Ramon Aboitiz Street Cebu City 6000 Philippinnes
- Tel: +63-27225639
- Address: 21 Gilmore ave. New Manila, Quezon City
- Email: email@example.com
- Tel: +63-22540888,+63-25363242
- Address: 704 Pablo Ocampo Street Malate Manila
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org,email@example.com
- Tel: 9137848,9133201,9135950,4393038
- Address: #123 10th Avenue, Barangay Socorro, Cubao, Quezon City 1109
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tel: +63-661-7394,+63-340-0286
- Fax: +63-2-919-0401 loc. 101
- Address: Building A, Unit 1 Guerrero Properties, 123 Pioneer St., Mandaluyong City 1550 Metro Manila, Philippines
- Email: email@example.com
- Tel: +63-28723914
- Fax: +63-28726709
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tel: +632-705-1173